Saturday, October 24, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 4 (10 Interesting Facts About Yourself)

Day 4: Ten interesting facts about yourself

I don't really know what is to be considered "interesting," as it is a relative term. But I'll do my best.

  1. My birthday is on Valentine's Day. But barely. My mom pushed me out just in time at 11:38 PM.
  2. I was the youngest child for 15 1/2 years. Then my bratty little brother came along. I love him now. I didn't so much at the time.
  3. Je parle français. I took my first French class in seventh grade and studied abroad in France in 2014. I had never realistically considered studying abroad until about six months before it happened.
  4. I love Harry Potter. To an obsessive degree. More than Snape loved Lily.
  5. I won first place in the city spelling bee in eighth grade. My winning word was "mayonnaise". I got a blue ribbon and everything.
  6. I'm a feminist. I've been aware of it since the day I bought Full Frontal Feminism at Barnes & Noble in 2012. But I was one without knowing it for much longer.
  7. I don't want to have kids. Seriously. They're messy, expensive, and dependent. I have a little brother and three nephews. My mother and my older sister have done all the child-bearing and child-rearing for me. Now I just get to teach them cool stuff and buy them loud toys.
  8. I won a scholarship to go to college my senior year of high school. I'm a first-generation college student (and soon-to-be graduate). I still would've gone, regardless. But the money has certainly helped.
  9. My parents divorced when I was 11. That is a large part of the reason why I am very hesitant to get married.
  10. I want to travel the world so badly. It's gonna happen some day sooner than I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment