Saturday, November 7, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 18 (Your Favorite Color and Why)

Day 18: Your favorite color and why

Purple is my very favorite color. Several things I own are purple: my phone case, a few of my picture frames, the chair in my room, the big fuzzy pillow on that chair, the rug in my bathroom, my bath towels, and my old laptop which I just recently replaced was also purple. The window pane color on my new laptop is purple now. Several of my shirts, dresses, scarves, shorts, socks, and underwear are also purple. It's definitely my favorite.

I like plenty of other colors, too; don't get me wrong. I love teal and coral, especially when paired together in an outfit or fingernail polish choices. I also find black is a common staple of my wardrobe. I've noticed bright neon green is a great complement for anything purple, as well. I love bright, colorful things in all shapes and sizes.

As for why purple happens to be my favorite color in particular? I really have no idea. I just remember it has been for a very long time. I guess I could say it comes from some deeply subconscious, underlying connection to royalty and my joy of being fancy and getting all dressed up. But that'd just be a big crock of bull. I guess I like purple because it's a softer color and although it is secondary, it goes well as a solid base color with a lot of things. I don't know. It's one of the few things I am really unable to put a finger on a reason for liking it the way I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment