Tuesday, November 10, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 21 (Your Horoscope & If It Fits You)


Day 21: Your zodiac/horoscope and whether you think it fits you

Oh goodness. My mother is gonna love this one, because she is big into horoscopes. Personally, I think they're just a bunch vague, slightly-differentiated blanket statements used to make people ohh and ahh over their lives. But anyway, I did a Google search for "Aquarius horoscope for today" and here's what Astrology.com had to say about me on November 10:

"You might be wishing that you could escape the headaches in your life right now, but even if you could fly away from the earth like a bird, you would have to come back down to earth eventually -- and these issues would be right there waiting for you. So you need to be more grounded right now -- it's necessary for you to face up to your responsibilities and do what needs to be done. If you try too hard to avoid things, you are only delaying the inevitable."

This could easily be true for me on any given day of the year, but especially now since I am beginning to feel the end-of-the-semester crunch. All my group projects are coming due soon, with the first presentation being this Thursday (in two days). I procrastinate my homework and waste too much money. I don't eat the healthiest foods and I only exercise once a week. My co-workers get on my nerves and my teachers assign busywork. I am bombarded daily with the question about what I'm doing after graduation and I don't get as much sleep as I would like. You're darn right, I absolutely want to "escape the headaches in my life". But you know what? That's life (more specifically, college) and though I don't really like it, I accept it. These times will be over soon enough, and I will not be feeling so stressed out anymore. This too, shall pass.

Do I think this horoscope fits me? Yes. And several other people, including non-Aquariuses. Which is usually how I feel about horoscopes in general. People are so anxious to highlight and capitalize on our differences -- often disguised as what makes us "unique" -- but really, we are all so much more alike than we are taught to believe. We're all human and we all have hopes, dreams, fears, insecurities, and even "headaches in life" which we'd like to escape. We are all in this together, and it would do all of us some good to remember it.

No comments:

Post a Comment