Monday, November 9, 2015

30 Day Writing Challenge: Day 20 (3 Songs on Shuffle)


Day 20: Put your music player on shuffle and write the first 3 songs that play and what your initial thought is

I listen to music on all different platforms, so I decided that perhaps the best chance I would have of getting results I really love would be by shuffling my music library on my phone. (If it's on my phone, it means I've purchased the physical album.) Here goes.


1. Back to December by Taylor Swift. 
Oh, this song. Classic T-Swift anguished love song. I loved it from the first time I heard it when Speak Now came out back in high school. I love it even more now. I think it's funny how the same old songs can bring old memories rushing back to you clear as day, yet just as easily they can shower you in new understanding after so many years.

2. Looking for the Holes by Ani DiFranco. 
One of my very favorite teachers from high school and my first feminist role model introduced me to this song. She gave me a burned CD of Ani DiFranco's music at the beginning of college when I was struggling with a boy being mean to me about feminism. I still have that CD. I'm so glad she gave it to me.

3. You Remind Me of You by Jack Johnson.
I listen to this album (From Here To Now To You) when I need to relax and get my mind off serious things. I remember the summer this album came out. It wasn't that long ago. For months, I listened to it on repeat while I was driving. Jack Johnson soothes my hippie heart with his lyrics and lighthearted guitar picking.

No comments:

Post a Comment